top of page
Search

September 7,2022 minutes


Attendees: Bob, John, Stacey S., Liz, Stacey Page, [Eric, Anh]


Not an official meeting. Do not meet quorum, but wanted to meet for the resident who was told that we would be meeting tonight. The resident did not join the meeting.


** Eric & Anh joined. We’re now at quorum.




Approval of meeting minutes:

  • John has a correction for the minutes. James Blackburn has been responsive and does want to continue to be on the ABR.

  • Move to approve august meeting minutes. John 2nds. Everyone voted to approve the meeting minutes from aug.



ABR updates:

  • Winding down on construction projects b/c of season change.

  • Would like to get some info for pre-approved trash can concealment for when those requests come.

  • July 10 was the last submission for approval.


Welcome Committee:

  • A couple new people, will get packets delivered.

  • Courtney wants to join committee.

  • Liz wants to look at survey results to see who else wanted to join.


Activities Committee:

Last food truck event tomorrow 9/7 (email has gone out)

Upcoming events: 10/23 Fall Festival; 12/11 Cocoa + Cookie Party with Santa Parade

New committee member arranged for picnic tables to be moved into a more accessible area along sidewalk > not just for events but for patrons of the park as well; so far I've seen a lot more people using them as I've driven/walked by!

Our committee currently has 5 members, including myself. 4 non-board members in the neighborhood have stepped up and been extremely helpful in ideating and executing these events. It's a really awesome group of neighbors, and I'm so appreciative of their help.

Next meeting (later this month) will be focused on the execution of our 2 upcoming events. After survey results come back, we will begin planning for 2023.



Treasurer:

  • All delinquent residents have paid. There is one payment left for the most recent person on their payment plan.

  • Even the person who was 10+ years in debt has paid in full.


Resident request:

  • The resident who requested to join tonight’s meeting had asked for a 6 month budget/actual report to be posted and available for residents to view in the portal.

    • Resident did not join the meeting.

  • Could also do the monthly expense reports for residents to see.

  • Bob makes the motion to approve these 2 things and make them available for residents.

    • Residents will receive an email from compass when this document is available in the portal to view.


Policies:

Sign policy: take a look at the proposed/draft of the sign policy and add your comments/suggestions.


Next policy we will tackle will most likely be the social media / communication policy.


See the list of policies on our agenda: Resolution for Future HOA Policies

4 views0 comments

Meeting Minutes

Nov 2, 2022


AGENDA


Call to order

Attendance: Chris, Bob, John, Megan, Colleen, Anh

Missing: Eric

(Liz and Stacey resigned)


  • Bob motions to approve meeting minutes in September, John seconds

    • No discussion

    • Passes unanimously.


  • President

    • Discussion with legal RE: fences - Compass wants to meet with legal to discuss the legal limits, ramifications, process, etc, for updating bylaws surrounding fences

      • Nobody is opposed to this meeting

      • Bob will tentatively schedule for middle of December

    • Finalize sign policy via email



Committees Updates


  • Treasurer -- Colleen

    • No significant updates

    • Future agenda item to address - $25 discount for annual meeting

      • As previously discussed, legal basis is that the rebate needs to go away

    • Compass is largest expenditure

  • ABR – John

    • No updates

  • Welcome -- Megan

    • No updates

  • Activities -- Megan

    • Fall festival went really well, food guesstimate was very accurate

    • Activities committee will look at the results of the survey to see where to spend efforts

  • Parks (Bob)

    • Resident asked for swing for disabled kids - Bob is working with Compass on this


New Business


Review of compass management’s performance.

  • Bob: This isn’t an immediate vote to end our relationship with Compass, but is the initial discussion. If we find we don’t want to go in this direction, we would have to develop a plan to pull out of this agreement.

  • Anh:

    • Positives:

      • ABR process is much easier than before.

    • Negatives:

      • Compass isn’t very responsive

      • Status letter debacle (Compass overcharging for status letter)

  • Chris:

    • Hasn’t been on board without Compass, so looking at this through limited lens

    • Positives:

      • From resident survey, supermajority of residents who interact with Compass had their issues resolved

    • Negatives:

      • The cost analysis of Compass isn’t accurate to Chris

        • For example, not having to pay legal fees was previously cited as a reason to go with Compass, but if we were in legal trouble, we’d still have to pay legal fees

      • Bottom line: from surveys, far fewer residents voiced support for Compass than against Compass.

        • We’re going against the will of Warner Creek

  • Colleen:

    • Cost of Compass is questionable, but a management company is still a benefit moving forward.

    • Compass takes their time getting reimbursements out

  • John:

    • Positives:

      • Financial reporting

      • ABR approval process, record keeping

      • Collected delinquent dues

      • We receive good advice

      • Compass was recommended by Warner Creek’s own attorney

    • Areas that need to be improved:

      • Site visits need to be reported to Warner Creek Board

        • Need to know what bylaws are being violated

      • Return phone calls and emails

      • Need to know what residents are being fined

    • What board needs to do:

      • Give list of things to Compass to improve

      • Devote more time to bridge the gap between self management and third party management

      • Give Compass one more year with list of things to improve on

  • Megan:

    • Negatives:

      • The fact that most people didn’t interact with Compass means we don’t necessarily need them in the first place

      • Megan things that 32% of residents not feeling their issue was resolved is a negative

      • Reimbursements do take forever, problematic for Board members who have to front the cost of events/etc with their own finances

      • Leans towards no

  • Bob:

    • Positive:

      • Compass is effective at mailing out communication

      • Assists in evenly enforcing bylaws

      • Reduced delinquencies to zero dollars

      • Calling contractors is a huge time investment, Compass doing this reduces a lot of work for the board

        • Bob tried to get the playground fixed for years, Compass finally helped get it done

      • Ensured we’re following a legally sound process for voting at annual meetings

    • Negative:

      • Reimbursement timing is unacceptable

      • Neighbors not hearing from Compass is unacceptable

      • Stacey Sherille is the only person we talk to - if she’s out, we have no point of contact

    • Summarizes everyone’s thoughts, proposes that we proceed for another year

      • During this year, we evaluate Compass quarterly

      • 9 months from now, we definitively decide on a plan moving forward

  • The contract isn’t a yearly contract, the only requirement is a 3 month notice

    • Colleen: Willing to continue, if we evaluate after Q1 2023, and not 9 months from now

      • Chris agrees

    • Megan volunteers to take on the work of researching management company alternatives

  • Next Annual meeting is going to be in April

    • We’ll have a go vs. no go prior to April

  • Need to draft a list of deficiencies to send to Compass, send to Compass, then evaluate in February

    • Bob asks each board member to write to him several areas where Compass falls short, so we can send to Compass

    • Colleen, John and Bob will have meeting with Stacey with expectations

  • December board meeting will still happen, will evaluate survey results

  • John wants to send out guidelines on construction for trash concealment

4 views0 comments
  • Chris

8/3/2022 Meeting Minutes:

Call to order

Attendance: Chris, Liz, Bob, John, Megan, Colleen, Anh, Eric, Stacey S.


  • June 1st meeting minutes unanimously passes

  • Budgeting discussion - Stacey S. emailed out budgeting reports

    • Landscaping is going over budget

    • Residents who attended or proxied both the April and June meeting will receive $25 credit, Stacey has the list

  • Chris - meeting minutes were accidentally approved for June 1st twice

    • Chris motions to approve meeting minutes for June 22nd (first new board meeting)

    • Bob/Chris motion after discussion, minutes unanimously approved

  • John -

    • Requests Stacey to update the ABR access to reflect John, Eric, Anh, Megan, Stacey P.

    • John requests more discussion between ABR members on any given vote, so that ABR members know how other members view any given application

  • Welcome committee updates

    • Welcome Packets 2.0

  • Activities committee

    • Discussion regarding upcoming events, discussion about specific weekends being looked at for events

    • Megan is looking at doing a LOT of activities, budget needs to be increased from $2100 to $2500 (-Bob)

      • Eric seconds Bob’s motion to increase activities

      • 2022 Easter Egg hunt didn’t come out of this budget

      • $400 extra income from prior year dues were paid to Warner Creek

      • Colleen (Treasurer) has no issues with this

      • Vote to raise budget for activities committee to $2500/year unanimously approved

  • Parks

    • Bridge project on pause for now while evaluating general budgetary needs, community feedback

    • South park - weeds were treated

    • Contractors accidentally sprayed playground area despite request not to

      • We were not brought aware of this until it was already dry


New Business

  • Survey

    • Survey draft is finalized after hours of discussion

      • Survey will only be paper mail

    • Chris will take the lead on finalizing wording, instructions to residents, and logistics mailing it out

  • Next meeting proposed for September

  • Unanimous vote to adjourn the meeting

10 views0 comments
bottom of page