Search
  • Attendance: John, Bob, Liz, Chris, Eric, Stacey Sherrille (from Compass)

  • Prior minutes approved

  • Discussion proposed by Eric regarding a property that has heavily overgrown and unkempt foliage

  • Eric proposes getting Compass involved

  • Chris & Bob propose a less formal discussion w/homeowner that doesn’t involve lawyers or Compass

  • Bob proposes motioning this item as it was not on the agenda

  • No welcome committee update

  • Activities committee:

  • At Easter Egg hunt, several parents proposed a celebration once school is out

  • Parks committee:

  • Inspection was conducted, several items of concern

  • Playground mulch/gravel depth incorrect

  • For example no fall protection under swing area

  • Wooden playstructure needs to be sanded, sealed with non toxic item

  • One company quote was $13,700 to bring park fully up to code

  • John mentions that fabric on backstop(s) needs to be replaced

  • Bob mentions this may have been fixed, a board member will go out and evaluate

  • More bids will come in for the park repairs; $6500 was initially budgeted

  • Bridge committee rescheduled for 5/15 3 PM [Note from Chris: After this meeting, this date was rescheduled to 6/12 at 3pm. For the sake of accurate meeting minutes, the original date proposed during this meeting is above]

  • Bob will send this email out as the secretary email is being marked as spam

  • Chris will open a support ticket with Google

  • Entrance sign progress moving, Compass was told that the light would be repaired today

  • Bob sets motion to set dues to $225/year

  • Looking for any positive news to give homeowners

  • No selective discount per our lawyer, just $225 ($25 less than current dues)

  • (effectively making the $25 meeting discount permanent moving forward)

  • We will discuss further with Colleen to ensure that this does not put us in a financial bind

  • Chris will take ownership of the website, [Liz will help as needed].

Discussion regarding next meeting

  • John will schedule meeting at Pittsfield

  • Annual meeting:

  • Voting will be in person by direct homeowner or proxy only

  • Zoom will count for attendance, but no voting component. Zoom users will have to find a proxy ahead of time.

  • Letters must be sent out by May 8th to comply with 30 day notice

  • Next meeting proposed to be hybrid in person & Zoom

  • John and Eric will likely be remote

  • Code of Ethics 2.0

  • Ideas proposed by John were to ensure language that required board members to be fully compliant and exemplary with regards to the bylaws

  • Chris proposed amending line 5 for conflicts of interest to require board members to recuse themselves from such conflict

  • John proposed new language to mandate board members to clarify that they are speaking for themselves whilst on social media

  • Code of Ethics 2.0 will be taken to email

  • Fencing policy:

  • Attorney hasn’t approved any language

  • Postponing until after annual meeting

Fencing, trash, landscaping policy to be coded into language

15 views0 comments

The annual meeting has been rescheduled for June 13th at 7:00pm (Check in is 6:30pm) at the Pittsfield Township hall 6201 W Michigan Ave, Ann Arbor, MI.

Here are a few key points:

  • You will receive a packet in the mail with all of the information

  • There will be a zoom option

  • Attending remotely will count towards quorum

  • You will not be able to vote on zoom. You must assign a proxy for voting

  • You will be able to ask questions via the chat feature


  • If you wish to run for the board of directors, then please fill out the nomination form and send it back.

  • If you previously nominated yourself for the board, you still have to fill out a new form and send it in.


Masks at Pittsfield township are optional, but recommended. Pittsfield township is following the COVID levels closely and we will let you know any change to our meeting.

Parks

Our playground has been inspected, so look for a few changes. We have to add mulch and stone to meet the minimum requirement. The yellow play structure will be sanded and re-stained with a child safe paint. We will also get the backstop fixed. If you see a problem with the park, please let Compass know.

Bridge committee -- Lets regroup and meet at the South Park on June 12th at 3pm (and not June 22nd). Anyone is welcome to brainstorm ideas for installing bridges in the South Park.

Platt road entrance sign is working! We had an electrical contractor fix the underground cable. Calling all electricians -- If you have skills and can work with power, we need to replace the light sensor at the Platt Road entrance. (The light is continuously on) Please email president@warnercreek.org for details.

Trash Containers -- Per our bylaws, trash containers need to be hidden from public view (except for trash days). Leaving them in the driveway is a no no.

Activities -- We may, might, have an end of school celebration in the Park. Stay tuned for date and location.

We need volunteers! -- We will have a sign up sheet at the annual meeting.

5 views0 comments

Meeting minutes 4/6/2022:

  • In attendance:

  • Bob, John, Stacey (Compass), James, Eric, Liz, Chris

  • Greg joined as a guest

  • Prior meeting minutes approved

  • Colleen not present for treasurer update

  • Stacey: Dues mostly paid, 22 residents haven’t paid yet

  • Reserve account opened

  • No ABR updates

  • Welcome committee: Liz hasn’t received any notice regarding new owners or sales

  • Did receive a postcard from a realtor who sold a house in the neighborhood

  • Stacey from Compass will send an updated resident roster

  • Stacey Page not present for activities committee update

  • Prospective company for an Easter Egg hunt was discussed; board member would have to pay with PayPal and then have Compass reimburse from HOA funds

  • Parks:

  • Local inspection delayed due to weather

  • Bridge meeting proposed for Sunday 3/17; Bob will send out an email to residents about it

  • Bid to repair Platt Road entrance sign

  • Underground cable providing power to the lightbulb doesn’t have power

  • Cable repair costs $2,150

  • New light fixture would cost additional $175 if necessary

  • Solar light brought up as an alternative

  • Costs could be higher based on cost of battery maintenance and repair

  • Motion to approve repair costs if the company doesn’t believe that the solar light is sufficient

  • Stacey and the electrical company will review the solar option

  • Motion unanimously passes

  • DTE - tree letter

  • [screenshot of letter from DTE]



  • Discussion regarding late payment policy

  • Vote to approve Proposed policy passes

  • Vote to amend line 1 in the proposed policy to the fifteenth of every month passes

  • Vote to amend the notion to change delinquency from 60 days to 90 days passes

  • Discussion regarding late fees for trash cans that are left out

12 views0 comments